Since as early as 2004, and maybe earlier, I've made tens of purchases from bidz.com, which include rugs, original oil on canvas artwork, knives and of course, jewelery (including 2 diamond rings).The quality of the items is excellent and, in my opinion, bidz does a very good job of accurately describing the items, which includes measurements and multiple photos.

There were 2 separate occassions where I found it necessary to return items to bidz. On both occassions, my refund was promptly issued. Over the years, bidz has significantly increased the number of brands it carries, as well as to expand its product offerings to include clothing and footwear. Years ago, the majority of items bidz sold would ship for free, but that's no longer the case.

Another thing I noticed is that many items being sold on bidz have a reserve price, whereas back in the day, everything started as $1 with no reserve. Also, I suspect that many bidz buyers resell the items they buy on ebay, since I see many of the same items being sold on ebay, sometimes for significantly less than they can be won for at auction on bidz. If bidz is to survive as a company, it needs to figure out a way to revise its business model so that it can effectively compete with its ebay competitors.

Eliminating the shipping fees and reserves would be a start.Without these added costs, I personally would purchase more items from bidz and i'm sure others would too.

Had an Experience with Bidz?

Comments

I bought a watch 2 years ago and I just had to replace the battery.I paid $60 for a $600 watch and it is going fine.

I just purchased a second watch $74 for a $900 watch.

Plus Christmas 2009 I purchased all my Christmas presents and had no problems, whatsoever.I am happy with bidz.com, except of course this new "reserve" price, this sucks!

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your input.Due to feedback such as yours we have made some changes for the better.

Our return policy has been changed tremendously. In case you received anything that is not as described or simply don’t like the way it looks or fits you, simply send it back for a full refund within 30 days from your purchase day.

You also suggested free shipping and I am glad to inform you that we often offer that during the main holidays seasons.If you have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us at improvements@bidz.com as it is a great help for us to improve and provide better service for you as a customer.

Dear Customer,